4. March 2010 19:12
One of the reasons I switched to blog engine was the fact that blog engine is relatively SEO friendly. Looking for ways to optimize my pages, I found this little extension
that allows you to configure title and description for each post.
It is very basic but at least your pages will have some unique title and description. This little extension does not support Blog engine's non-post pages, but it is a good start.
Next on my plate will be to extend this to generate keywords dynamically based on the word count inside each post. It can be done by doing it on the fly or by storing it in the database everytime the post of page is updated. This however is a bit more complicated than just recalculating the word count each time page is hit. We'll run some tests to see if there is any impact.
Still waiting for google to start indexing my posts. After I left blogger today, google bot abandoned my site Before I switched to winhost.com my blog was hit every couple of hours.